by Carmen Van Kerckhove
What’s your best tip for anti-racist parenting?
I’m putting together a free e-book called How to Be an Anti-Racist Parent: Real-Life Parents Share Real-Life Tips that will be made available to everyone who visits this blog.
May I get a tip (or several, even!) from you? Here are some possible topics to get you thinking:
- What books, activities or toys do you recommend for children?
- How do you handle awkward questions from strangers about your child?
- What books or videos/DVDs do you recommend for parents who want to educate themselves about racism?
- How do you instill a good sense of self-esteem in your child?
- How do you work with teachers to create the best possible learning environment for your child?
- How do you teach children about racism in an age-appropriate way?
- or anything else you’d like to share…
Let other parents benefit from what you’ve learned by sharing your tips, stories and recommendations with us!
Here’s how to do it:
Email your submissions to email@example.com, and be sure to do the following:
- Write “parenting tips” in the subject line
- Specify what name you’d like us to use, or if you’d like it to be anonymous
- Include a URL to your blog or web site, if you’d like
- Keep each tip, story or recommendation to 500 words or less
If chosen, your tip — in your own words — will be published in the e-book next month. It will be made available to everyone who visits this blog.
The deadline for submissions is 5 pm Eastern, February 28, 2007.
Thanks so much!