I see great recommendations on thread after thread: books, Web site, DVDs, etc., that ought to be in the arsenal of an anti-racist parent. I’d like to examine these resources more fully on ARP and I invite you to help me. I want to post regular reviews of anti-racist parenting tools on ARP and I hope that some of you will submit them. Ours is a community of great ideas and eloquence.
Here are the guidelines:
- Reviews of books, magazines, films, toys, Web sites, etc. will be accepted.
- The item reviewed should promote understanding of diverse cultures, reflect positive views of people of color, provide guidance on identifying and tackling race bias and privilege, or address any of the other topics commonly discussed on this blog.
- Reviews should be at least 200 words long and should clearly discuss why and how a particular resource will be helpful to anti-racist parents and activists.
- If available, include an image of the resource (low-res .jpeg) with your submission.
- Include a 2-3 sentence bio, including a link to your blog (if applicable).
- Be sure to make clear how your name should be listed on the credit line.
All submissions will be reviewed by the ARP editorial team and will be subject to editing. We reserve the right to refuse any submission that does not fit ARP’s mission or standards.
Send submission to email@example.com.
Image courtesy of LIP_Photography (Karen Ackles) at Flickr